School to Farm – Using farms as an ecological and pedagogical education environment- Gamified-STEAM based learning approach Model
Using farms as ecological and pedagogical environments is considered by the context of place-based education in the literature, but it hasn’t been referred to or studied like outdoor education. In some form, farms are used in outside-classroom teaching in some schools, although the practices have not been necessarily recorded in the curricula.
“School to Farm” project is designed to develop unique didactic games using an interdisciplinary approach to be used in farms as a mean of place-based learning.
The project defined the real needs of schools, municipalities, and educational farms; the absence of adequate learning and teaching resources and hands-on activities can be used in farm-based education as a subcategory of place-based learning.
For this reason, ‘’School to Farm’’ uses cross-curricular and interdisciplinary collaboration, developing innovative learning approaches triggering STEAM teachers’ competencies and up-skilling their skill-based thinking.
- Szkola Podstawowa (PL)
- Osmangazi Ilce Milli Egitim Mudurlugu (TR)
- Polygonal North oy (FI)
- SMART UMBRELLA (EL)
- Osmangazi Municipality (TR)
- Grundzāles pamatskola (LV)
- Fight climate change by raising environmental awareness and prioritizing the EU Green Deal
- Designing Open Educational Resources (OERs) to be used in educational environments.
- Creating a competency framework to define the concept “use of farms as an ecological and pedagogical educational environment” and become school-to-farm literate citizens.
- An intense five-day school-to-farm practical education to equip teachers with environment-oriented educational game methods.
- Creation of digitally-enriched educational games in the context of farm-based environmental education.
- STEAM Teachers
- Farmers & Families
Duration: 01/09/2022 – 31/08/2024
Project number: 2022-1-PL01-KA220-SCH-000088981
Project’s Website: https://schooltofarm.com/
Facebook: School to Farm